18.5.10

Nature Haikus

I wrote four haikus for my students yesterday, and then they wrote some too... We don't always have easy access to resources, so sometimes we make our own! Here are my early morning creations. They're a triumph because I wrote them in a hurry, not because they're especially good...but maybe with some good fortune some have worked out well!

The desert
Vast, empty, lifeless
Waiting to tell me secrets
But will I listen?

The beach
The waves kiss the shore
The ocean holds her hands out
She beckons to me

The sunset
The hill-top fires burn
They are the last to go out
Valley darkness waits

The glade
We wanted nothing.
"Lay and rest a while. Eat, drink."
We left satisfied.

1 comment:

JenE said...

So beautiful! Funny how sometimes the loveliest poems are the ones that slip out in a rush, before you have time to look :-)

Blog Archive

About Me

Poet, musician, teacher, thinker...